Special Education Dispute Resolution Processes (ADR)

  • There are a variety of ways to reach dispute resolution for students receiving special education services. While filing a Written State Complaint or a Due Process Complaint/Hearing Request are always options, you should be aware that there are alternatives to such actions which may be able to achieve the same outcomes in a shorter amount of time, while maintaining strong working relationships.

    The Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) process is less formal that a due process hearing and intends to maintain positive relationships between families an district (LEA) staff by working collaboratively toward solutions.

    Tha Antelope Valley SELPA is committed to ensuring school staff are trained in the provision of IEP facilitation, a process identified by the US Department of Education as a best practice model.