69th Annual Speech/Language Study Conference
Using Natural Language Acquisition to Support Language Development in Gestalt Language Processors
Presented by Marge Blanc, M.A. CCC-SLP
Time: 8:30 - 3:30 (.6 ASHA CEUs)
Cost: $50.00 ($51.13 with service fee) - credit card only
Register HERE (opens 11/1/23; see flyer for passcode)
At the conclusion of this session, the participants will be able to:
- Outline the six stages of gestalt language development as described by NLA, compared with the stages of analytic language development.
- Describe the research that discovered, explored, and quantified gestalt language development.
- Outline general supports for gestalt language processors at all language development stages.
- Describe supports for gestalt language processors at each NLA Stage of gestalt language development.
- Write goal statements for gestalt language processors at each Stage of gestalt language development.
- Score a subset of utterances produced by a child at Stages 1-5 of gestalt language development.
- Describe characteristics of older gestalt language processors, and unique supports for older GLPs.
- Describe considerations for supporting non-speaking and minimally-speaking students who might be GLPs.
- Prepare a set of slides to use in an informal presentation to colleagues about NLA and gestalt language development.
- Outline considerations for using NLA in settings outside of clinical settings.
69th Annual Speech Language Conference 2024.pdf, 289.26 KB; (Last Modified on October 31, 2023)